Neon GasNeon is the fifth most abundant chemical element in the universe but it is a rare gas present in Earth's atmosphere at a very low concentration of 0.0018%. It’s Nobel gas that reacts very unwillingly and as a result few compounds are made with the Nobel gases. Like its Nobel comrades it is colorless, odorless, and nonflammable. It has got Melting point -415.46 degrees Fahrenheit (-248.59 degrees Celsius) and Boiling point - 410.94 degrees Fahrenheit (- 246.08 degrees Celsius). When it is charged with electricity it emits a brilliant red orange color. In liquid form it has 40 times the refrigerating capacity of helium and three times that of hydrogen. Ukraine is considered as one of the world’s major manufacturers of Neon gas.
High grade neon for industrial supplies
From the atmospheric air neon is extracted using cryogenic distillation/ air separation plants by fractional distillation of liquid air. This process gives fraction that contains both helium and Neon. Helium is then removed from the mixture with activated charcoal. Now the pure liquid Ne is converted into gaseous form and is filled in Neon Gas Cylinders then transported for any industrial or lab grades applications. The cylinders for Ne gas are high pressure alloy or aluminum cylinders. It is an expensive and limitedly available gas on earth.
We have in house laboratory apparatus’s to check the various impurities present in it as well as level of purity the gas have.
|Chemical Formula||Type||Density||Molecular Mass|
|0.9002 g/L at stp (0 °C and 101.325 kPa)
1.207 g/cm3 when liquid, at b.p..
|Maximum Impurities in PPM by Volume|
Uses of Neon Gas
- It discharges electricity even at normal current and voltages, when it is filled in a tube and electric current is passed through the tube under a low pressure condition, and produces a bright orange-red colored light.
- Neon is used in fluorescent lamps, glow lamps and various other lighting systems. Such lamps can be operated even at low voltages.
- By adding the drop of mercury in Neon, orange-red color turns into a brilliant blue color. The composition of Ne and mercury provides various color shades of light. Such effects are widely used in the interior designing.
- Ne gas has major application in the advertising signs and/or displays, also called neon signs.
- It forms a useful lighting system in the thrilling cold climatic regions in which beams are impossible to detect due to ability to penetrate fog.
- In liquid state it serves as a potential cryogenic refrigerant.
- It is used to make helium-neon laser.
We are leading calibration, specialty, lab grade and industrial neon gas manufacturer in India. We produce all kinds of gases in different purity grades and concentrations to meet the requirement of distinctive industries. We are a Faridabad based neon gas supplier that is serving its quality services to the clients since 1979 and supplies gases across world such as; Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Gulf, Africa & Australia. We manufacture and supply all kinds of industrial gases such as Oxygen, Nitrogen, Argon, Propane, Methane, Carbon Dioxide etc. and other gas mixtures.