Methane (CH4) GasWe offer Methane gas in a variety of purities and concentrations meeting the requirements of clients. Methane is a highly flammable, non-corrosive, colorless, non-toxic and odorless gas with a boiling point of -161.4 degree Celsius.
Methane is a natural gas available under the earth. The main sources of this gas are coal fields and natural gas fields found under the earth. The gas can also be produced easily from bio gas plants and waste-water sludge treatment plants. The gas is considered as the environment-friendly fuel and is often referred as Green House Gas.
Methane of various purities and concentrations
To store and to transport, methane gas is liquefied for ease and safe handling. Thereafter it is transferred to methane gas cylinders and supplied to several industries for use. Methane is available in different purities and concentrations to meet the specific requirements of industries. Hema Gases has in-house equipments and a quality control team to check the purity and concentration of gases to make it useful for industries.
Methane gas is an important source of hydrogen and various organic chemicals. It reacts with steam to produce carbon monoxide and hydrogen gas that is used further for the manufacturing of ammonia for explosives and fertilizers.
|Chemical Formula||Type||Density||Molecular Mass||Lower Explosive Limit
|Upper Explosive Limit
|0.6559 g/L at 25 °C, 1 atm
0.7161 g/L at 0 °C, 1 atm
0.42261 g cm−3
(at 111 K [−162 °C; −260 °F])
|Maximum Impurities in PPM by Volume|
Features of Methane Gas
- Safe and pure
- Optimum purity
- Precise composition
Uses and Applications of Methane Gas
- Methane is used as fuel gas for metal casting, heat treatments, power generation, firing ceramic products, central heating system, cement industry and drying process in several industries.
- It is used as a rocket fuel in space craft sector
- Used as a fuel gas in automobile sector and it is a major constituent of CNG and LNG which are used to run automobiles.
- The gas is used in gas generators also as a fuel gas
- Methane is a major component for manufacturing of various fertilizers and explosives.
- It is also used for welding purposes in several industries.
- It is also used in food sector for cooking purposes.
- Methane is used in thermal power plants and electricity cogeneration.
- Methane is highly economical, reliable and efficient gas.
- When it is mixed with inert gas, Methane is used to check and calibrate the laboratory and research grade equipments.
We are leading calibration, specialty, lab grade and industrial methane (CH4) gas manufacturer in India. We produce all kinds of gases in different purity grades and concentrations to meet the requirement of distinctive industries. We are a Faridabad based methane (CH4) gas supplier that is serving its quality services to the clients since 1979 and supplies gases across world such as; Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Gulf, Africa & Australia. We manufacture and supply all kinds of industrial gases such as Oxygen, Nitrogen, Argon, Propane, Methane, Carbon Dioxide etc. and other gas mixtures.