Nitrogen (N2) GasNitrogen gas has inert properties that make it a good blanketing gas for use in several applications. Liquid Nitrogen is used for cooling and freezing purposes. Due to its unique properties, various industries can benefit from this gas to optimize performance and operate safely.
Nitrogen is a tasteless, colorless, odorless and nonflammable gas with a boiling point of -195.8 degree Celsius and present in atmosphere at a concentration of 78.09% by volume. Nitrogen is slightly lighter than air and easily soluble in water. Generally Nitrogen gas is produced by air separation/cryogenic distillation process which condenses air to distilled Nitrogen. Further liquid Nitrogen is converted into gaseous form at room temperature and stored in gas cylinders for bulk industrial uses.
Safe Storage and Supply of Cryo Cans for Nitrogen
We are capable to provide Nitrogen gas cylinders in bulk quantities by interconnecting a number of cylinders with a common outlet. We supply liquid Nitrogen in special containers called Cryogenic Containers or Cryo Cans. These containers are vacuum insulated. We at Hema Gases supplies Nitrogen gas in both forms in different purities and concentrations depending on the volume to meet the requirements of clients.
We have in house equipments to check purity levels as well as determining the impurities present in it. We have a team of experts to provide solutions and meeting the needs of clients across the world. Nitrogen is used in various industries such as chemical processing, agriculture, construction, petrochemicals, energy, electronics, food and beverages etc.
|Chemical Formula||Type||Density||Molecular Mass|
|1.251 g/L at stp (0 °C and 101.325 kPa)
0.808 g/cm3 (when liquid, at b.p.)
|Maximum Impurities in PPM by Volume|
Applications and Uses of Nitrogen Gas
- Multi-industry uses: Nitrogen is an inert gas and used as a blanketing gas in industrial applications. It is used to protect flammable and explosive solids or liquids from direct contact with air. By keeping such explosive items in nitrogen atmosphere, protection is achieved. It is also used for cooling and freezing applications in many industries. Cool vaporized Nitrogen is used to keep materials cool during grinding applications in pharmaceuticals, recycling plants and plastics and pigments industry.
- Metal manufacturing: Nitrogen is used as shield gas in heat treatment of iron, steel and other metals. The gas is used to treat the melt in manufacturing of steel and other metals.
- Manufacturing and construction uses: Liquid Nitrogen is used for shrinking of metals so that they can be inserted anywhere.
- Chemicals and pharmaceutical uses: Refineries, petrochemical units and marine industry use Nitrogen gas to purge equipments and tanks or pipelines of dangerous vapors and gases. It is also used to cool reactors during maintenance operations in pharmaceutical industry.
- Food and beverages: Liquid Nitrogen allows rapid freezing of food items for minimal cell damage, taste and texture.
- Health care uses: Nitrogen is used in the packaging of some medications to prevent moisture adsorption. It’s used to freeze blood and viruses for vaccination. Freezing of livestock semen is also done to store it for years. It is also used in cryo-surgery to destroy damaged or diseased tissue cells.
We are leading calibration, specialty, lab grade and industrial nitrogen (N2) gas manufacturer in India. We produce all kinds of gases in different purity grades and concentrations to meet the requirement of distinctive industries. We are a Faridabad based industrial nitrogen (N2) gas supplier that is serving its quality services to the clients since 1979 and supplies gases across world such as; Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Gulf, Africa & Australia. We manufacture and supply all kinds of industrial gases such as Oxygen, Nitrogen, Argon, Propane, Methane, Carbon Dioxide etc. and other gas mixtures.