HydrogenHydrogen is tasteless, colorless, odorless, non metallic, non toxic and highly flammable gas at standard temperatures and pressure. It is one of the lightest elements available in earth’s atmosphere. Most of the Hydrogen gas on the earth is available in the molecular form in water and other compounds.
Hydrogen has a boiling point of -252.8 degree Celsius. Hydrogen gas was first produced artificially in early 16th century by the reaction of acids on metals. The industrial production of Hydrogen is largely from steam reforming process of natural gas and sometimes it is produced by more energy-extensive methods like electrolysis of water. After this, gas is filled in cylinders for further industrial and laboratory grade applications.
Extensive use of hydrogen in industrial processes
We also provide H2 gas cylinder quad where high amount or bulk quantity of Hydrogen is required. In H2 Quad, a number of cylinders are interconnected with a common outlet. The main uses of Hydrogen are in fossil fuels processing and the production of ammonia for the fertilizer business.
Hema Gases offer Hydrogen gas in different purity grades and concentrations meeting the requirements of specific industries and clients. We also have in-house laboratory and highly qualified professional team to check the purity levels and impurities present in the gas. Due to the highly reactive nature of Hydrogen, it is also used in chemical as well as gas and oil industry for some applications.
|Chemical Formula||Type||Density||Molecular Mass||Lower Explosive Limit
|Upper Explosive Limit
|0.08988 g/L at stp (0 °C and 101.325 kPa)
0.07099 g/cm3 when liquid, at b.p.
|Maximum Impurities in PPM by Volume|
Common uses and applications
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide is a hydrogen compound which is widely used as a sterilizing agent in clinics and hospitals. It is used especially for the cleaning of cuts and wounds and other damaged tissues.
- In balloons: Hydrogen gas is used to fill balloons which are further used to fly in air. Due to its low cost and light weight, it is used in air balloons for flights. But due to its explosive nature, it is replaced by Helium now in many industrial applications.
- In lamps: Hydrogen gas is used in lamps to produce ultra-violet light and these lamps have a tungsten filament to produce heat. These lamps are extensively used in spectroscopy.
- As a reducing agent: Hydrogen is one of the main elements used in redox reactions. Addition of hydrogen in redox reactions is termed as Reduction and removal of Hydrogen is called as Oxidation.
- Used as a fuel in automobiles: Hydrogen is used to move vehicles instead of petrol. The advantage of using hydrogen instead of petrol and diesel is the lack of air pollution. No harmful gases are produced by the ignition of Hydrogen.
- Gas chromatography: It is used as a carrier phase in gas chromatography. This process is used to separate volatile substances from the mixtures.
Hydrogen is used in chemical analysis especially for the atomic absorption spectroscopy and also in nuclear fusion. These are some common uses of Hydrogen gas but it is used for different purposes in specific industries. We offer all kinds of hydrogen gas cylinders meeting the requirements of clients at cheaper prices.
We are leading calibration, specialty, lab grade and industrial hydrogen gas manufacturer in India. We produce all kinds of gases in different purity grades and concentrations to meet the requirement of distinctive industries. We are a Faridabad based hydrogen gas supplier that is serving its quality services to the clients since 1979 and supplies gases across world such as; Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Gulf, Africa & Australia. We manufacture and supply all kinds of industrial gases such as Oxygen, Nitrogen, Argon, Propane, Methane, Carbon Dioxide etc. and other gas mixtures.