Helium GasDuring the past 30 years, Hema Gases has attained the top position in supplying, manufacturing and exporting Helium Gas in India. Helium gas is inert, odorless, colorless, non-toxic, nonflammable and tasteless gas present in atmosphere. Helium is the second most abundant element in the universe after Hydrogen. It is available at a very low concentration of 5.2 PPM by volume. Helium has a boiling point of -268.9 degree Celsius.
Helium is often extracted from the earth crust where it is available in huge amounts. During the drilling process while extracting other natural gases or oils, Helium also comes out of the earth’s crest and then it is further separated and converted into liquid Helium through fraction distillation technique from natural gas.
Further liquid Helium is converted in helium gas to store in cylinders for industrial uses. Helium is found largely in the minerals of thorium and uranium. Helium gas is used in wide applications in aerospace, automotive, healthcare, electronics and other related industries.
High grade helium of top purity
For some applications where continuous supply of Helium is required, we make use of Helium gas cylinder quad where a number of gas cylinders are interconnected and have a common outlet. Helium gas is available in different purity grades and concentrations. We provide helium gas as per the requirements of clients with their defined purity grades. We have a team of qualified professionals and in-house lab equipments to check the purities or impurities present in the gas.
Helium gas is also used as a shielding gas in welding process due to its non-reactive nature. It is also used as a carrier gas in various applications.
|Chemical Formula||Type||Density||Molecular Mass|
|0.1786 g/L at stp (0 °C and 101.325 kPa)
0.125 g/cm3 when liquid, at b.p.
|Maximum Impurities in PPM by Volume|
Common uses and applications
- Welding process: Helium is used as a shielding gas in arc welding process. A number of inert gases are used for gas tungsten arc welding but helium is used as a substitute of cheaper argon for welding materials that have higher heat conductivity like aluminum or copper.
- Controlled atmosphere: Helium can be used as a protective gas in titanium and zirconium production, growing silicon and germanium crystals, and in chromatography as it is an inert gas. Helium is also useful in impulse facilities and supersonic wind tunnels.
- Leak detection: Helium diffuses through solids three times faster than air, so it is also used for leak detection purposes in high-vacuum and high-pressure equipments.
- Flight and balloon uses: As Helium is lighter than air, it is used to lift airships and balloons. Another use of Helium is in rocketry as it is used as a medium to displace fuel and oxidizers in storage tanks and it also condenses hydrogen and oxygen to make it a rocket fuel.
- Scientific uses: Helium reduces the distorting effects of temperature variations between the lenses in telescopes. The age of rocks or minerals containing thorium and uranium is also calculated by measuring the level of Helium by the process Helium Dating.
These are some common uses of Helium gas and there are several other ways where the gas has particular uses. We offer Helium cylinders for multiple use in industries.
We are leading calibration, specialty, lab grade and industrial helium gas manufacturer in India. We produce all kinds of gases in different purity grades and concentrations to meet the requirement of distinctive industries. We are a Faridabad based helium gas supplier that is serving its quality services to the clients since 1979 and supplies gases across world such as; Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Gulf, Africa & Australia. We manufacture and supply all kinds of industrial gases such as Oxygen, Nitrogen, Argon, Propane, Methane, Carbon Dioxide etc. and other gas mixtures.