Argon GasWe offer Argon Gas both in liquid and compressed forms to the industries. Hema Gases has earned a remarkable position in the market for its highly reliable and quality products. The company supplies its products and services to metal, chemical, electronic, petrochemical, glass, food, medical and recycling industries all over India.
Argon is the third noble gas in period 8 and it forms about 1% of the earth’s atmosphere. It has same solubility as Oxygen and it is 2.5 times as soluble in water as Nitrogen. Argon is an inert element that is colorless, tasteless, non-toxic, non-flammable and odorless in both forms. The gas has got a boiling point of -185.9 degree Celsius.
Production of Argon
Argon gas is produced by air separation/cryogenic distillation plants that distill liquid Argon from the atmospheric air. Then Liquid Argon is collected, stored and converted into gaseous form at room temperature. Argon gas is thereafter stored in different gas cylinders to be used for several industrial and lab applications.
High Quality Argon Gas
Hema Gases offer various sizes of gas cylinders that can store gas at different pressures as per the requirements of the industries. Argon gas is available in different purity grades and concentrations to meet the specific requirements of industries. We have in-house equipments to check easily the purity levels of gases also. Argon is a non-reactive gas and due to this, it can be used in TIG welding process. Some of the welding processes use Argon gas with hydrogen while other use it with carbon dioxide.
|Chemical Formula||Type||Density||Molecular Mass|
|1.784 g/L stp (0 °C and 101.325 kPa)
1.3954 g/cm3 when liquid, at b.p.
|Maximum Impurities in PPM by Volume|
Application and Uses of Argon Gas
- Multi-industry uses: Since Argon is the least expensive and truly inert gas, it’s used where completely non-reactive gases are required. Pure Argon and Argon mixed with other gases is used as a shield gas in TIG welding process.
- Metal manufacturing: Argon is used as a blowing gas during the manufacture of high-quality steel. It is used as a shield gas in casting and stirring of ladles. It is also used in the manufacturing of Titanium and Aluminum.
- Electronic uses: It is used with Methane as a filler gas and as a shield gas in semiconductor industry. It is sued to stop the oxidation of filament.
- Food and beverages uses: Argon gas is used in winemaking process to simply displace oxygen. It prevents the formation of Vinegar. It is used in bars, restaurants and wine dispensing units to store opened bottles without the degradation of its contents.
- Health care uses: Argon is also used in health care industry. It is used in removing and destroying the defective cancer tissues in human body through dermatology and cryosurgery.
These are the most common uses of Argon gas and there are multiple other ways where Argon can be used in particular process.
We are leading calibration, specialty, lab grade and industrial argon gas manufacturer in India. We produce all kinds of gases in different purity grades and concentrations to meet the requirement of distinctive industries. We are a Faridabad based industrial argon gas supplier that is serving its quality services to the clients since 1979 and supplies gases across world such as; Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Gulf, Africa & Australia. We manufacture and supply all kinds of industrial gases such as Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Dissolved Acetylene, Helium, Methane, Carbon Monoxide etc. and other gas mixtures.